Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Christmas Baking

My sister and I recently endeavored to make some cake balls. We got both the idea and the recipe from my good friend Lyndsey Brown. It's really pretty easy... Bake a cake, let it cool, dump it in a bowl, add a can of cream cheese frosting, mix together with hands, form into balls, freeze, dip, and cover in chocolate. After several hours and much tweaking of our technique, we were victorious. We found that adding just a little bit of shortening to the chocolate and making sure the cake balls were completely frozen produced the best result. Here are some pictures of the event:



Okay so the cookie cutters were for sugar cookies which we didn't get to, but I liked the picture.


Grace decided she wanted to help.


Here is our finished product and just some of the mess we made.

2 comments:

Princess Jessie Pants said...

Wow girls! Super fancy! And I love the pic you took of the two of you. And Grace got to help - what fun!! Good work!

lyndsey said...

Oh my gosh they're beautiful! They seriously look so good and I love the pink and brown (I feel like even your cupcake pops look better than mine...albeit still not like Bakerella's). I'm honestly really impressed. Touche. You guys did all that with a baby strapped to your front. Now I'll hope you bring some into the office this week so I can try them.