Saturday, February 13, 2010

It Breaks My Heart

This past week and a half I have been dealing with a teething child... Not fun by any means.  However teething soon turned into a full blown cold and I had my first experience as a mom dealing with a sick child.  First of all, it breaks my heart to see my little one not feeling well, and second, babies sure are messy which means snot everywhere. I am happy to say that last night she slept well for the first time since this all began; ten nights, but who's counting?  Today she seems to be feeling better.  Unfortunately those darn teeth still haven't poked through.  Hopefully we get a little break before starting that process again.


On a completely different note...
We have had a sugar ant problem for the past month or so.  We've found a few here and there and had the occasional pop can attacked if left on the floor.  However, it was nothing compared to what I had to deal with this Thursday.  I had no idea so many aunts could be in one house. Now before I show you, I think I need to explain things a little.  I don't normally leave food just sitting on the counter.  I am a very clean person.  I like things neat and tidy.  Wednesday night I wasn't feeling well (pretty sure it was the lack of sleep I've been getting, see story above) and I didn't have much of an appetite.  So I set my half finished hamburger on the counter intending to throw it away when I did the dishes later that night.  I unfortunately fell asleep on the couch and went to bed without touching the dishes, completely forgetting about my half eaten hamburger.  And this is what I woke up to:


This doesn't even show the huge trail of ants from the floor up to the counter.  There were HUNDREDS of them.  Needless to say I got the bug spray out and half a can later made sure I had KILLED THEM ALL!  This spray works great to kill those you can see but it is not getting rid of the problem.  I have been told to use Terro but was wondering if anyone else out there had a good solution to getting rid of sugar ants, FOREVER!

3 comments:

Jay and Jami said...

We had the same problem when we moved into our house. Jay totally took care of the problem. It was something that he put around the outside of the house and something in the kitchen. I will ask him and have him tell you guys what he did. They have been gone for months! I'll let you know as soon as I can.

Unknown said...

I work for Senoret Chemical Company and Terro Liquid Ant Bait is your answer. Put the bait out where you see the most activity. The ants will all come marching. Do not kill the ants you see. Let them feed on the bait and take it back to the colony. When the Queen Ant eats the bait and dies, the whole colony will die. This could take up to two weeks. There are thousands of ants in the colony. Make sure you leave the bait out for 3 to 4 days after not seeing any activity. (they are most active at night time) When you are sure their are no more ants, the colony has been eliminated. Then put a perimeter treatment down to keep the ants out. We suggest TERRO Ant Killer plus Multi-Purpose Insect Control. It comes in a shaker bag and very easy to use. Find at your local hardware store or www.terro.com. See how these products work on this video. http://bit.ly/5Omv88

Anonymous said...

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm good girl showing me you swallowed everything