Thursday, August 26, 2010

Goodbye Summer - I Shall Miss Thee

Summer is almost over, and while I think I've had enough of the heat for awhile, I will miss being home with my husband all day. It is always a hard transition for me when Joe returns to teaching every fall. I know, I am very lucky my husband picked a profession where he gets two months off every year; but let me tell you, he makes up for it the rest of the year with how hard he works. To make matters worse this year, I have been experiencing the extreme emotions that accompany pregnancy.
 
That's right folks, Joe and I are expecting our second little one in early April. That makes us about nine weeks along. I'm told our little tyke, whom Joe has so lovingly been calling Uzeburt (somehow I just can't get myself to follow suit), is about the size of a grape. He/She looks something like this:




Amazing how something so small can make a girl feel so sick.

So, goodbye summer. I look forward to seeing you again next year and introducing your joys to my new little one.

4 comments:

The Olive Grove said...

morning sickness - no fun .... second baby - EXCITING!!! I look forward to hearing all about your pregnancy this time around! CONGRATS!

A & K Finch said...

Congratulations you four!!! =D

abertolini said...

congratulations! and I'm so sorry you're sick--As I was due early April, I well remember this time of year and how yucky it was! Hope it passes quickly for you.

Jessica said...

Congratulations! I hope your pregnancy goes well. It is pretty exciting to expand the family.