Sunday, May 9, 2010

11 Months


I love my little girl.  Lately she:
  • Has been standing on her own for longer and longer.
  • Walks with the aid of our furniture. 
  • Loves playing with her blocks.  We have been finding a lot of blocks in our shoes lately... and keys and fingernail clippers and remotes...
  • Gives her dolly kisses, and once and awhile Mom and Dad get one too.
  • Eats almost as much as I do.
  • Says "thank-you" (although not at the right times), daddy, and if I'm lucky I hear mama once in a blue moon. 
  • Loves looking out the window.
  • Crawls faster than I thought possible. Pretty sure she can out-crawl me.
  • Is teething again.  Joe and I always said it will be so nice when Grace can communicate what hurts, but I think it might make it harder.  Now she looks at me while crying and holding her little mouth and seems to say, "mommy fix it," and I can't.
  • Will sit down long enough for us to read her a book; well, most of the time she makes it through a whole book. Her favorite: Fish Kisses

1 comment:

Grandma Susan said...

Thank you Ashley! I love seeing the pictures and journaling you do. And the colors are so vivid, especially Grace's blue eyes. I can't wait to see her again, but your blog makes me feel like I'm not completely missing the fun stages she is going through.