Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Books I Want to Read

I know with a new baby coming I will have limited time to read, but I love books. I thought if I made myself a list maybe I would be more apt to make time to read. So here goes...

Books I want to read this year:

God's Smuggler by Brother Andrew
Affliction by Edith Schaeffer
The Hidden Art of Homemaking or What is a Family by Edith Schaeffer
Safely Home by Randy Alcorn
The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
Son of Hamas by Mosab Hassan Yousef

Anyone have any more suggestions of must reads?

2 comments:

Laci said...

My mom has told me that "The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands" by Dr. Laura is a must-read. It's on my to-do list. Of course there's only so many self-help books I can take at a time. But also a book that both Bryan and I have enjoyed is Love and Respect by Emerson Eggrichs. One of the best marriage books in my humble opinion. But I love some fluffy books that are easy reads too. If you want to borrow any I have several Karen Kingsbury, and Safely Home....oh just several. You would be welcome to borrow if you would like. :) Love you friend!

Jessica Brammer said...

I haven't finished it yet, but you have to read "One Thousand Gifts: A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are" by Ann Voskamp. I am only a third of the way into it, but it is a pretty life changing book. It takes awhile to get use to her style of writing, since it is a little poetic, but it's a great book!