Monday, February 7, 2011

Recent Happenings

What's happening in the Mogford home?
I am still growing a baby and have officially hit the I'm-uncomfortable-no-matter-what-position-I-am-in point. Joe is basically sleeping with 15 pillows + little ol' me sandwiched amongst them. Seven more weeks to go. That is if everything goes according to schedule, which we know never happens. Here is a picture of me at 33 weeks. I really like this dress, but was also told by I think seven different people at church yesterday "wow, you're looking big". Which I heard as "You look ginormous. Could you get any bigger?" I'm telling myself it was the dress. I was also told I look great by about as many people, so it all evened out. ;)


There is also an odd smell in our house that I can't find the cause of. I pray something didn't crawl under our house and die, but I took out all the garbage, did all the dishes, cleaned out the fridge, did all our laundry and looked under both couches. I even got down on my hands and knees, which is quite the feat now a days, and smelled the vents. But so far I have been unsuccessful in determining its source. It wasn't a total loss: the house is a lot cleaner after today.
Grace appears to be returning to her happy self after a long stint of sickness. While helping me in my find the unidentified odor quest, she carried around the broom and "swept" the whole house for me. It was quite adorable and made my heart happy. I have also come to treasure our time together in the morning when we get to cuddle together on the bed. Not sure if this is going to be able to happen after Owen enters the picture, but for now I am savoring each morning. She brings so much joy into our house. While motherhood is one of the most challenging things I have ever done, I don't think I have ever done something more rewarding or joyful.


I have also tried to introduce the idea of the toilet to Grace. We are not ready to start potty training yet, but I thought it might be helpful to get her used to the idea of going on the big girl potty. I know she gets the idea but also has no desire to actually do anything about it. So I was a little surprised to find this in the bathroom the other day:
Yep that's her baby next to the toilet with a bunch of toilet paper by her... um head. It definitely brought a smile to my face.

1 comment:

lyndsey said...

I think the dress is adorable!